Sausage is a delicious addition to the classic turkey stuffing. Sure to be a crowd pleaser at the next holiday!
Prep: 45 min
Bake: 45 min
- Two 16oz Stuffing Bread
- 6 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 package of regular ground sausage
- 1 onion
- 3 celery stocks
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Turkey Seasoning
- Slowly add chunks of stuffing bread into a blender. Blend until both loaves are a crumb consistency. Place in a ziplock bag overnight.
- Dice onion and celery.
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Boil the potatoes in a large pot until tender.
- Fry the sausage meat in a frying pan until completely cooked. Set sausage aside
- Sauté the onion and celery in sausage fat until soft.
- Combine cooked sausage, celery, onion, and cooked potatoes in a large bowl.
- Crack the eggs into the mixture.
- Mix together with your hands or a strong wooden spoon slowly adding the stuffing bread crumbs. Continue until all bread crumbs are added and the mixture is completely combined.
- Mix in the turkey seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste
- Place mixture into a large casserole dish (or stuff your turkey!)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes. The top should be golden brown and the middle should be dry.